Wednesday, October 27, 2010

And so, we wait...

Rini at 60 days
Day 60

I feel like a kid two days before Christmas. I know where my presents are hidden, but I am not allowed to look at them or shake them (lol). I can see the general shape of them (I think we're looking at 6-10 babies) but I have no idea what they will look like, what kind of dogs they will grow into, what families will love them, and if they will remember me when I see them years from now. I hope so. I hope they remember the hand that gently touched their mommy's belly for hours each day waiting to feel them move.

I know it's unlikely they will "remember" anything from before they were born (especially since they are currently blind and deaf) but I like to think they'll recognize the vibration of my voice from when I used to sing to them. (Yes I said it, I sing to the babies. I am a sap.)

The whelping box
In more practical news, here are photos of the whelping box (so achingly empty) and an expectant mommy who is sick of having her photo taken. =)

Temp is 100.4, her behavior is exhausted but stable (mine is too lol), probably no babies in the immediate future. "Dad" is at the store buying last minute supplies just in case. Grandma aka Chief Midwife is packing, and will be arriving tomorrow night. I'm chewing on my nails. I know, I know, terrible habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment