Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rini is a little bit grumpy...

DAY 31

She's had a short temper with the other dogs, and they don't understand when we try to explain about hormones and the birds & bees... Viola just says that Rini better snap out of it, and the boys get their feelings hurt.

We're definitely noticing an expanding waistline, and her appetite is endless, although she gets full on less food at each meal. Pretty soon I'm going to switch her to 3 or 4 small meals spread through the day. I'm glad she's over her morning sickness.

Getting Rini to take her folic acid tablet is a daily challenge. She doesn't like the taste of it. I started out just tossing it in with her food, and she'd eat it, but she's wise to that now and picks around it. So I tried putting it in a Pill Pocket (which is a piece of tasty meaty flavored putty that you can wrap pills in) but she quickly caught on that the smell of a Pill Pocket means there is a PILL INSIDE so I am trying to think of new strategies. I think our next step is to wrap it in a piece of cheese. She is nuts for cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment